Aug 29, 2007

special recognition

Some things are apparent early on in life. Here I am donning my hand-crafted hat back when I was a Montessori student, already displaying my penchant for funky, handmade attire:

handmade hat, circa 1984

Zooming forward on the pictorial time machine, here I am in my Simplicity/Threads Creativity Contest entry last May:

simplicity pattern 4017

Welp, who would have guessed? Simplicity up and awarded me some "special recognition!" They sent me this book a few days ago. This was all pretty exciting and totally unexpected, as I don't think I've won anything since the 5th grade county math tournament. (Which I attended, by the way, in the first outfit I sewed for myself, accessorized with some swanky headgear and braces sporting florescent bands. As if the math tournament wasn't dorky enough.) My "special" shirt was made with Simplicity pattern 4017, and is hand appliquéd and embroidered. The best part about this whole thing is that they are sending me back my shirt, which I get to wear whenever I want!

And another fun surprise - Donna from Purple Kappa tagged me for the "Nice Matters" blogging award! Thanks, Donna! It's such a warm and fuzzy feeling to be acknowledged. So now it's my turn to pass on the award to some of my blogging friends who fit the following criteria:

"This award is for those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and creativity. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world. Once you've been awarded please pass it on to others who you feel are deserving of this award."

Jo of A bit of this and a bit of that
Laurie of The Wooden Spool
Anna Maria Horner
Leah of Homework
Amanda of Soulemama

I'm sure each of you know why I am knighting you "Purveyors of Niceness." You are wonderful, inspirational people. Please visit these ladies' blogs if you haven't already!

xo,
Meg

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Meg. Congrats on the return of your shirt, I'm sure it was difficult to part with. I found my way here via soulemama this morning and bought your mei tai pattern. It was finished and out the door about two hours later (including time to get the kids organized. I switched it up a little and posted pictures on my blog.

Thanks again.

kneek said...

Thanks for the mention Meg; your tag means a lot to me because you are so nice too! I was just about to tag you for the Rockin' Girl Blogger which I get to pass on thanks to MaiaSpins - I guess you can never be tagged too many times, right? I haven't put together the post yet because it means creating a blogroll for my sidebar and I haven't had that much time for blogging. Hopefully soon...

The Wooden Spool said...

Awww, thanks Meg! I adore your blog and your creativity sparks lots of ideas for myself!

jojoebi-designs said...

Thank you Meg, it is so grey and miserable outside but now it's all warm and fuzzy inside. Your blog really inspired me to make more for BabyEbi and to dust off the sewing machine, I have many projects lined up now.

Robyn said...

You made a beautiful shirt!

Gift of Green said...

Omigosh, that shirt is beautiful and so are you! Love that pattern for hiding the "mummy tummy"! ;)