Oct 8, 2007

wish list

log cabin socks 2

At least one (two is too much to ask?) finished Log Cabin sock.

log cabin socks 007

And while I'm flipping through the same book, I wouldn't mind a pair of these one day. But knowing how long it takes for me to make one, normal length sock? Fairy Sockmother?

mopping

A self-cleaning house.

colorwheelbundle

This bundle of fabric to make this project.

front

Time to make this knitting bag using Lisa's tutorial.

My biggest wish of all? A 72 hour day. Can you tell I've been pretty busy lately? Before I had time to blink an eye, six days had come an gone since my last post! I'm still here, dragging myself through a smidge of busy-ness. Ahem. That smidge is seeming more like a swimming pool of molasses that I must pass through. Smiling all the time, of course. The good thing is that I like molasses. But I can't begin to tell you how jealous I was that Mr. Montessori By Hand, who works with an organization based in DC, had the day off in honor of Indigenous People's Day. In Mexico, "Columbus Day" is not celebrated, and rightfully so. They hold a valid grudge.

So I continue to plow through my molasses. Thank you for your patience. I should be climbing out and taking a long-deserved shower someday soon.

6 comments:

The Wooden Spool said...

Ohhh, I love those creamy divine socks, Meg! The back detailing is so gorgeous, eh?! And that skirt to go with!!!! Me 'n you, both! Great taste! PS... hang in there with all the work!

Beth H said...

oh, I'm wishing for all those things too....and since I don't knit the fairy sockmother needs to work extra hard!!!

Hope you can relax sometime soon.

Bethany said...

Everyone seems to be very busy right now... just breathe deeply!! It will pass. eventually.
I finally finished my reading pillow!!! Yeah! It was so much fun to do piping for the first time! My children love it!

Kimberly said...

I'm feeling the same way..how about that. I think the antidote is to make a yo-yo garland and wait for the storm to pass.
Hope a shower comes for you soon.

Anonymous said...

I think I started drooling a little over those socks. Gorgeous!

Wendy said...

Whoa, those socks are reason enough to figure out how to knit something other than scarves. I just put the book on hold at the library. Thanks for the tip!