Dec 10, 2007

on being soggy

mischievous gnome bag in red

Dear me. I just about need galoshes so I can puddle-jump from one room to another. Notice the water dripping down the back of the chair? Just one of many dribbly areas. If only the rain would turn to snow .... there's no precipitation like snow, you know?

Lest you fear I'm drowning in a soggy torpor - here's a glance at a bit of behind-the-scenes work that's been going on here during the whole pattern-making process. Miss Emmeline has been sent out to my wonderfully generous testers, and the Mischievous Gnome Messenger Bag is in the works.

My apologies for being such an apron-donning bag lady, but it seems as though that's what my life is all about nowadays. What else is a girl to do when she can't go outside to play? Write patterns, you say? Okay! (Although it's so tempting to just curl up with a good book and wave adieu to the real world ... )

A warm and cozy Monday to all,
Meg

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, yes, write your patterns!! I am only one of many it seems who want to test it out. And then next you can write a pattern for a waterproof raincoat!!

Emily Cole said...

I love Miss Emmaline, and I so wish I could test it too! I love you Montessori classroom - so wonderful! I have linked you, I hope it's OK! Em

The Wooden Spool said...

What a fun post....love this bag! LOVE IT! I know what you mean about wanting to cozy up and ignore the chores! Thats coming from a mom...all tuckered out and still need to get the kids to bed...i'm off....

revel designs said...

Can't wait for it to come out! I know what a huge task that is. I am also dipping my feet in the pattern designing waters. I just hope I don't drown. Thanks for hosting the Holiday Traditions Swap. I had so much fun doing it.

Rebekka said...

Ooh, I like that bag. Is that the same pattern as the gnome messenger bag?

Here I thought I could escape with "just" an apron pattern.

Unknown said...

I happened upon your blog when searching for Montessori ideas to use with my 2 kiddos. I love it. Thank you! I'm now lurking daily!You and Amanda Soule www.soulemama.com have inspired me to learn to knit, and sew! I'm creating knit things like crazy now, and my mother in law is giving me her sewing machine for Christmas. (Although I won't get it until we move back to the states in May.) I'm so excited. Thank you for your inspiration! I can't wait to start making all of your patterns!

Berlinswhimsy said...

No complaining here---as long as Emmaline is in the process of becoming a pattern! ;-) Take care...

You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

what a great pattern.. What a lovely blog! I can't wait to see your patterns ( Love Emmaline... LOVE it..)subscribing now so I won't mis a thing.
Thanks for the kind comment on the owl purse.. It is for my pal who actually "counts" endangered owls for a living. I just love that about her.

Jennifer said...

They are both so wonderful - really excited for them to come out!!